Amid crises that have shaken our world, the global Christian family was awakened to the urgent need to heal our relationships with creation and with each other during the ecumenical Season of Creation.
During the 2021 Season of Creation, from 1st September through 4th October, thousands of Christians on six continents get together for a time of restoration and hope, a jubilee for our Earth, and to discover radically new ways of living with creation. More than ever before, the global Christian family will unite to pray and take action for our common home.
This year’s theme is “A home for all? Renewing the Oikos of God”.
Our parish’s Laudato Si Circle will be marking the season this year in five distinct ways (see below), and all are invited to join in! Stay tuned to the News tab of our parish website and each upcoming bulletin for more details. You can also join our Facebook page: “Laudato Si Circle – St. Francis Xavier Parish, Stoney Creek”
- LEARN (September 5) – take a little time to check out the resources provided below to discover what this year’s Season of Creation is all about
- YouTube video: “What is the Season of Creation?”
- ACT (September 12) – participate in a simple care for creation project (several suggestions will be provided next week)
- COMMIT (September 19) – inform yourself on the environmental segment of each political party’s platform as you prepare to vote, and sign a stewardship petition (several will be suggested)
- PRAY (September 26) – spend some time in prayer, reflecting on the gift of creation and our responsibility as its stewards (options for both personal and gathered prayer will be provided)
- CELEBRATE (October 3) – get outside to enjoy the splendours of nature (suggestions will be provided and a gathered option will be offered if possible)