Season of Creation – This Week’s Initiative
As we continue to journey through the Season of Creation, our initiative this week is to ACT.
The Season of Creation is a wonderful time to reflect on how our lifestyles affect the environment and to make a commitment to more sustainable ways of living. The good news is that making more sustainable lifestyle choices in just a few areas adds up to a big difference overall. As the saying goes, “Let us live simply so that others may simply live.” Living simply is a way to ensure our planet is truly a home for all. (seasonofcreation.org)
Here are a few ideas for simple things you can do to work towards living more sustainably:
– Make the effort to save electricity by turning off lights when you don’t need them and not leaving devices plugged in longer than necessary.
– Walk or bike rather than using a vehicle where you can.
– Plant a tree.
– Prepare meals that are good for the environment (considering the amount of waste they produce).
– Clean up garbage (safely, using gloves and trash spears).
– Calculate your carbon footprint using an online calculator like this one: https://www.footprintcalculator.org/home/en
For more ideas and resources on how you can introduce sustainable changes on an individual and institutional level, you are invited to check out pages 15-16 of the Season of Creation Guide: https://seasonofcreation.org/…/05/2021-SOC-Short-Guide.pdf