2020 Virtual Bible Camp!
BREAKOUT: Escape from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
Get ready to break out from worries, doubts, fears, and sin with this Escape Room- themed camp!
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, our parish is opting to take our annual Bible Camp online this summer.
With the help of online components (including live-streamed and pre-recorded videos and group video chats) and supply kits delivered to homes in advance, this year’s campers and leaders-in-training will be able to participate actively and meaningfully in many of the same of activities that our camp has included year after year.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Campers: Students entering Grades 3 – 6 in September 2020
Leaders-in-Training (LIT): Students entering Grades 7 – 8 in September 2020
– The LITs will have their own online program prior to the main week of camp to have time as a separate group developing leadership and teamwork skills and preparing for supporting roles during the upcoming camp week.
– Students entering Grade 8 who completed the LIT program last summer can apply to be leaders.
Leaders: Students entering Grade 9 and up in September 2020, as well as students who completed the Leader-in-Training program last summer. Adults are also welcome (volunteer screening will be required for new adult volunteers).
Training and preparation will be provided for leaders in advance.
WHEN IS CAMP?
LIT Week: August 3 – 7 (activities will run from 10:00am – 12:30pm (approximately) each day)
Main Camp: August 17 – 21 (activities will run from 10:00am – 3:30pm (approximately) each day)
WHAT IS THE COST?
Camper Registration fee: $30
Leader-in-Training Registration fee: $20
Leader fee: $0
Friday Adventure fee (additional):
– $25 for Campers & LITs
– $15 for Leaders
This year’s optional Friday Adventure will be a 1-hour real-time virtual escape room experience! It will be played in small groups using Zoom, and each group will have the assistance of a live escape room staff member.
(Please contact the parish office if the fees are a concern. We understand that many people have been impacted financially by COVID-19, for example.)
WHAT WILL A VIRTUAL MAIN CAMP DAY LOOK LIKE?
10:00 Welcome and Warm-up activity
10:15 Introduction to the day (daily theme, prayer, Bible story, music)
10:45 Small Group video chat
11:15 Live activity station (Crafts, Games, or Science Lab)
12:00 Lunch break
1:00 Theme activity
1:30 Faith activity
2:00 Additional pre-recorded activities become available
3:00 Small Group video chat
3:30 End of day
WHAT DO I NEED FOR CAMP?
– Internet connection at home
– Access to YouTube
– Access to Zoom (This will be our platform for Small Group video chats to allow our participants the chance to interact with one another and with our leaders in real-time each day. The video chats will be optional, and there is a spot on the permission forms to indicate whether or not you would like to participate. Instructions for how to access and use Zoom will be sent by email closer to camp.)
– A Camp Kit (Your Kit, which will include a t-shirt and supplies for various activities, will be delivered to your home address during the week before LIT week or Main Camp week)
– Basic arts and crafts supplies (markers, glue, scissors, etc.) which will not be included in the Camp Kits. A full list of these supplies will be emailed in advance.
HOW DO I SIGN UP/APPLY?
You can scan and email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off or mail it to:
St. Francis Xavier Parish Office (304 Highway 8, Stoney Creek)
(Forms should be dropped off through the mail slot in the front door of the office, as currently an appointment is required in order to enter the office.)
– Cheque (please make payable to “St. Francis Xavier Parish”)
– Online (please click here)
Please enter your payment amount under “One-Time Donation” based on the options listed above and ignore the monthly donation option, and select “Personal” from the “Donor Type” drop-down menu. (We were limited in our ability to edit the online payment form and apologize for any confusion.)
Deadlines for form/application submission:
– Leaders: July 17
– LITs: July 17
– Campers: July 31
**Please note that space is limited and spots will be first-come, first-serve.
Please feel free to contact Wes Moga (SFX Youth Minister):
(905) 662 – 8593 ext. 6